The stress response or ‘fight or flight’ as it is also known is a normal and necessary system. It is a quick response that creates short term changes in our body, thinking, emotions and behaviour. It does this in order to give us the best chance of survival and is designed as a reaction to an immediate physical threat (for example seeing a car swerving towards you, or coming across an aggressive dog). There are some things which it is useful to have a healthy fear of, and this keeps us safe. However, sometimes this response learns to fire in situations where it is unnecessary. In the case of a phobia, even if we are aware that the situation is not life threatening, our body tells us that it is and this is very difficult to ignore. Fears and phobias vary is degrees of severity. For some people it can be an unpleasant inconvenience, and for others can seem to dictate their entire lives.
Hypnotherapy can help you to understand what is happening in these situations and develop ways to cope with and control the symptoms before beginning to desensitize from the trigger or object of fear. Being able to do this knowing you have the skills to return yourself to a relaxed state
Typically hypnotherapy to deal with fears and phobias requires 4 to 6 sessions but can be more or less dependent on your individual needs. The cost for these sessions is £55 per session which lasts between 60 and 90 minutes. A discount of 10% is applied for all block bookings (4 sessions or more) where 50% is paid at the first session. Regular clients (who pay per session) also qualify for a 10% discount following their fourth session.
If you are ready to make a change or would just like to find out more, Contact Us for a confidential discussion.
Please note that hypnotherapy is not mind control or a miracle cure, indeed everyone has individual needs and as with any treatment results can vary. Hypnotherapy can focus and enhance motivation for change, however, a willingness for change needs to be present for the therapy to be successful.
Individual needs dictate the process and the number of sessions required, however an example plan for this service is shown below:
- Introduction Session (Telephone/Skype Consultation– Free of Charge)
- Answer questions and assess suitability of hypnotherapy to meet your needs
- Session 1
- Understanding your goals and agreeing therapeutic approach (60-90 mins)
- Initial therapy (if time permits)
- Session 2
- Building confidence and belief in yourself to achieve your goals
- Establish a "Safe Place"
- Session 3
- Tackling avoidance
- Using visualisation for graded exposure
- Session 4 onwards
- Challenging unhelpful rules, beliefs and associations
- Further visualisation for graded exposure
- Dealing with safety behaviours
- Understanding triggers, influencing and maintaining factors
- Strengthening good habits for continued success
Please Contact Us for further information or to arrange the intial free consultation.